4/5 Grade Instrumental Music Program All SFUSD Elementary Schools are allocated an elementary music teacher to teach violin, flute, trumpet and clarinet once a week. The students are taken out of their regular classroom time for a group lesson. Students rent or purchase an instrument to use for this program. A limited number of scholarship loan instruments are available based on financial need and the student recipients of these instruments are determined by the school site Principal and the music teacher. These scholarship instruments are loaned free of charge.
For class enrollment forms, click on the links below:
Elementary Arts Generalists Program All SFUSD Elementary Schools have an itinerant arts teacher in Drama, Music, Visual Arts, or Dance that comes to their school one day a week. Funded by the Public Education Enrichment Fund (PEEF/Prop H), this program was created to serve K-3; however school sites may request that their assigned VAPA teacher serve grads K-5 depending on school need. Schools choose the arts discipline that best complements their arts programming.
Elementary Arts Program (EAP) (Grades K-5) Funded by the City of San Francisco’s Department of Children Youth and their Families (DCYF), the Elementary Arts Program distributes funding on a per pupil basis to be used to hire Artists-in-Residence and pay for supplies according to the site needs. Each school submits a plan to VAPA on how the funds are to be used. The contracts for the arts consultants are written by the staff at the school sites and forwarded to VAPA for approval. Instruction must take place during the curricular day and regular academic year. All K-5 graders are to be served equally, 90% of the allocation must be spent on artist-in-residence workshops and/or performance residencies. The remaining 10% may be spent on expendable art materials and field trips. For more information contact the EAP Coordinator at the VAPA Office.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.